I’ve spent some time with Jquery Mobile and got a mobile specific version of the site up at m.insomnialtendencies.com. It contains all the same links and mostly of the same information; pages that won’t work on mobile are linked to the main site. There’s also a mobile friendly calculator of various things that my dad’s been looking for; when you can’t find what you want, make it!
I still need to implement the code to monitor the access hardware to switch from mobile to desktop versions, of course including a manual switcher because I hate when I can’t see the desktop version of a site from mobile. I found a PHP plug-in that’ll handle checking the user-agent, I’ve just gotta spend the time getting it hooked up. A friend of mine who does lots of website design spent a week fighting with the mobile/desktop change-over, but I think they weren’t using any external plug-ins. I’ll have to bug them about that tomorrow when they’re at work.
After nearly two years of not being updated, Softball Stats has gotten a well deserved update. Sacrifice flies are displayed properly and exporting the stats is a new feature. No longer are the stats stored on a mobile device, they can be put into a spreadsheet and shown to players or just kept as an archive of past seasons.
Softball Stats Market link
Alpha link APK has been pushed for all registered testers. With no problems and a few days it should appear on the Play Store for all normal users.
Export the database to CSV to share stats or create your own statistics
Sacrifice-flies are displayed correctly (previous was just “fly out, 1 RBI” now will display “sacRBI, 1RBI”)
Ad network reconfigured
I’m working on Softball Stats, honest. So far I’ve updated to the latest Google Ads library which means I’m able to run it on new devices and can package and upload to the Play Store again.
Now that that’s done (at least on my test device) I’m moving onto exporting as a CSV file! No more stats stuck on the phone! Nothing fancy yet, just a list of the players and their stats through games, since it’s just a CSV file but once the data is in a spreadsheet program it can be changed to fit whatever the user wants.
Of course once these changes are in the store and tested they’ll be added to Softball Stats Pro!
Easy peasy, make a random number displayed as hex-value, increment 100 times, print message. The interesting part is how to get the hex number since most numbers are considered as integers or floats/doubles; Java provides a simple function included in Strings to output as a certain format, like say as the hex value. Something they took from C, actually.
Pot Of Gold
Rainbows tend to be pretty cool to look at. If you’re lucky you’ll even find a pot of gold at the end of one. Today’s problem is to create a program that generates a random RGB hex value (#7A340E) then prints out the next 100 values (#7A340F, #7A3410, etc.) after that. Afterwards it should print out “POT OF GOLD!!” and then exit.
The way to implement ads into AndroidOS apps has changed quite a bit since I last implemented it, probably because Google bought AdMobs (or something) so now everything goes through Google Play Services. A little annoying since before it wasn’t as limited but if you’ve gotten the app you have to have the right services installed to get to the Play Store anyway. It’s not at all positioned correctly but you get the idea. Moving right along…
And we’re done. Right? You’re all here? All… one or two of you?
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
I’m going to be migrating this blog to my personal site now that it exists, so redirect from here to blog.insomnialtendencies.com
I’m starting to mess around with layouts and strings for the upcoming remote viewer app. I’m trying to mimic the layout of the web interface for conformity.
Refresh are always displayed and do what they say. I might make
Connect disappear once something is connected for a cleaner interface.
Refresh may not be necessary depending on the connection type, which I haven’t figured out yet.
Each drawer option displays the appropriate torrents, and I’m thinking of adding a set of choices for labels as well. They’re not an option on the web interface but that may be unrelated. We’ll see. Oh! And I’m going to add a admob banner so advertisers pay me and not the users.